The Canadian Centre for the Responsibility to Protect is currently recruiting for the following positions and welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Based at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto, the CCR2P is Canada’s leading research and advocacy organization on the Responsibility to Protect principle. (www.ccr2p.org)
September 13th, 2019
RECRUITMENT CALL FROM THE CCR2P
The Canadian Centre for the Responsibility to Protect is currently recruiting for the following positions and welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Based at the University of Toronto, the CCR2P is Canada’s leading research and advocacy organization on the Responsibility to Protect principle. (www.ccr2p.org)
· Any undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at the University of Toronto;
· A demonstrated passion and interest for the study and advocacy of R2P principle;
· Ability to commit from Oct 1, 2019 to May 15, 2020 (inclusive)
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit all of the following files by midnight, Monday, September 30th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with [2019 Recruitment-- Position- Your full name] in the subject line. Please save your files with your full name included in the title and combine all files into one PDF if possible.
· CCR2P Online Application form (available at http://ccr2p.org/opportunities/)
· A short statement of interest which clearly identifies your interest in R2P, the CCR2P and the position you are applying for. Please be specific in your skill sets, past extra-curricular experiences, as well as your ideas and visions for CCR2P in the upcoming year as well (250 word maximum).
· A full C.V.
· A writing sample (preferably a paper written for any IR-related university class)
· A copy of your full university transcript (Acorn/ROSI screenshot is fine)
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates may be interviewed in early October. All applications will be considered on a rolling basis but only the successful candidates will be contacted.
1. R2P Live Analysts
- R2P Live (www.r2plive.org) is a database of all articles relating to R2P from across the world and in all 6 UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish, and Russian). Additionally, it provides key analytics that track the global discussion on R2P. Reporting to the Managing Director of R2P Live and their given Associate Director, selected R2P Live research analysts are charged with collecting and analyzing articles on R2P in their given language,
While prior research experience will be valued, no such experience is required as the Centre will provide full training for all new recruits. That said, fluency in more than two of the six official UN languages will be highly valued.
2. Research Analysts
- Reporting to the Associate Directors of research and closely coordinating with the Managing Directors of Undergraduate Research, selected research analysts will be undertaking research that assists our advocacy efforts on various R2P-related crisis areas and themes around the world. Findings will be published in the form of educational advocacy videos that may be accompanied by supplementary research reports.
3. Outreach & Advocacy Officers
- Reporting to the managing directors of outreach, outreach & advocacy officers assist with the following projects
Youth outreach: Expanding our network of Youth Ambassadors, planning outreach events & initiatives to high schools.
Recruitment: Circulating our recruitment call around the wider UofT community.
Promotion: Circulating information & raising awareness on planned Centre events and initiatives.
4. Associate Directors of Research
- Reporting to the managing director of research, associate directors oversee the creation of advocacy videos and/or infographics, as well as policy briefs. They are responsible for:
Managing a team of research analysts.
Planning out research & advocacy objectives.
Create research directives & distribute to analysts.
5. Deputy Directors of Administration
- Reporting to the director of administration, this position assists with meeting various administrative needs within the Centre, including:
Keeping our online presence up-to-date.
Maintaining clear lines of internal communication
Assisting with internal organization & record-keeping.
6. Editorial Board Members
- Reporting to the director of publications & executive director, members of our editorial board are responsible for proofreading & publishing completed research reports and other research or advocacy materials.
7. Media Board Members
- Reporting to the director of publications & executive director, members of our media board are responsible for collaborating with associate directors of research to create the media (e.g. videos, podcasts, etc.) that communicate the research that our teams of analysts produce. Previous experience with graphic and video design will be required. Please note that your application to this position must include at least two samples of previous work.
8. Co-Managing Director of R2PLive.org
- The Managing Directors of R2Plive.org are responsible for maintaining the quality of online posts made by the R2PLive analysts, to ensure that all of the articles featured on the R2Plive.org remain consistent with the operating mandates of the Centre. This position requires proficiency in Wordpress and any other relevant computer-related skills. Language skills (beyond English and French) will be valued, as well as previous involvement with the R2Plive database.
Specific responsibilities include: Assisting with the training the R2Plive analysts at Orientation Sessions on the use of Factiva & Wordpress mechanisms; Monitoring and editing the works of R2PLive analysts as needed throughout the year; Working closely with R2PLive analysts to maintain quality control; Producing a semesterly report on the key trends and issues found on R2Plive; Assisting in the development of an archive of R2P-related literature and past posts to serve as an online bibliography for the CCR2P and the wider R2P community; Coordinating closely with the Director of Undergraduate Research to disseminate R2PLive's findings; and ensuring up-to-date maintenance of the R2PLive database at all times.
9. Director of Publications:
Reporting to the executive director, the director of publications is responsible for ensuring that all research and advocacy materials created by the Centre meets our standards of quality. They chair both the editorial and media boards and liaise with the managing director of research and associate directors of research.