The Canadian Centre for the Responsibility to Protect is currently recruiting for the following positions and welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Based at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto, the CCR2P is Canada’s leading research and advocacy organization on the Responsibility to Protect principle. (www.ccr2p.org)
April 9th, 2019
INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CANADIAN CENTRE FOR R2P
The Canadian Centre for the Responsibility to Protect is currently recruiting for the following internship positions and welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Based at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto, the CCR2P is Canada’s leading research and advocacy organization on the R2P principle. (www.ccr2p.org)
1. Outreach and Advocacy Intern
Outreach and Advocacy interns will assist with the planning and management of the CCR2P secondary school internship programs and contribute to the various advocacy initiatives the CCR2P They will also, when appropriate, aid in the expansion of CCR2P chapters across Canada and the GTA. Previous leadership experience will be an asset.
2. R2P Live Intern
R2P Live Interns will assist with the expansion of the CCR2P’s R2P Live database, which reports on global R2P trends by collecting and analysing a robust and diverse range of publications, reports, and articles relating to R2P. Fluency in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Korean, Russian, and Spanish will be an asset.
3. Research & Policy Intern
Research and Policy Interns will expand the CCR2P’s online library of R2P resources -- most notably through the creation of an accessible online curriculum on R2P. Additionally, they will research and draft an individual research report on Canadian foreign policy regarding R2P or current R2P-relevant situations (e.g. North Korea, Syria, Myanmar). Previous training in academic research and Canadian foreign policy (through courses such as HIS311 or POL312) will be an asset.
4. Social Media Intern
Social Media Interns will help manage CCR2P social media accounts -- ensuring both a regularity and high standard of quality of output. Previous training in media/journalism will be valued. Bilingual candidates will be given special consideration.
· Any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at the University of Toronto or recent alumni from any major universities;
· A demonstrated passion and interest for the study and advocacy of R2P principle;
· Able to commit to May 1 - August 31, 2019
· Previous involvement in the CCR2P’s research or advocacy divisions will be an asset. We welcome applications from candidates with language skills and background in IR/Peace & Conflict/political science/history/public policy/law.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit all of the following files by midnight, April 27th 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with [Position- Your name] in the subject line. Please save your files with your full name included in the title and combine all files into one PDF if possible.
· CCR2P Online Application form (available on http://ccr2p.org/opportunities/)
· Statement of interest which clearly identifies your interest in R2P, the CCR2P and the position you are applying for. Please be specific in your skill sets, past extra-curricular experiences, as well as your ideas and visions for CCR2P in the upcoming year as well.
· A full C.V.
· A copy of your full university transcript (Acorn/ROSI screenshot is fine)
· A writing sample (preferably a paper written for any Global Affairs-related university class)
PLEASE NOTE: All applications will be considered on a rolling basis but only the successful candidates will be contacted. Our summer internship positions are volunteer positions but there will be full training provided for selected candidates, with prospects for paid RA positions under the direction of the Executive Director upon completion. A certificate of recognition will be issued upon successful completion, with special consideration for board positions in the 2019-2020 school year. For any questions, please email email@example.com.