INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CANADIAN CENTRE FOR R2P
The Canadian Centre for the Responsibility to Protect is currently recruiting for the following internship positions and welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Based at the Munk School of GlobalAffairs, University of Toronto, the CCR2P is Canada’s leading research and advocacy organization on theR2P principle. (www.ccr2p.org)
AVAILABLE INTERNSHIP POSITIONS AT THE CCR2P (May-Sept 2017)
1. Community Outreach Intern (Assisting with the expansion of chapters across Canada, as well as within the GTA; previous leadership experience will be an asset)
2. R2P Live Intern (Candidates with familiarity in any of the 6 official UN languages)
3. Research & Policy Intern (Assisting with the online library of R2P resources and assessing Canadian government’s policy on R2P; previous training in Canadian foreign policy will be an asset, such as HIS311 or POL312)
4. Social Media Intern (Previous training in media/journalism will be valued. Bilingual candidates will be given special consideration)
• Any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at the University of Toronto St. George in international relations, peace/conflict/justice, history, political science, Canadian studies, School of Public Policy & Governance or MGA program. Please note: students enrolled in other universities in Canada can also apply if they have a proven record of interest/experience on R2P-
• A demonstrated passion and interest for the study and advocacy of R2P principle
• Minimum CGPA of 3.5
• Able to commit at least 5-10 hours per week from May 2 2017 to September 2 2017. Please note: physical presence in Toronto during this period is not a requirement but candidates who will be based in Toronto during the summer will be preferred.
• Previous involvement in the CCR2P’s research or advocacy divisions will be valued
• Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit the following documents by midnight, April 26 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with [Position-Your name] in the subject line. Please indicate your language skills, general availability in summer, program/year, and your full contact info in the body of your email message.
• CCR2P Application form available below
• Statement of interest which clearly identifies your interest in R2P, the CCR2P and the position
you are applying for. Please be specific in your skill sets, past extra-curricular experiences, as
well as your ideas for the particular position you are applying to.
• A full C.V.
• An electronic copy of university transcript (ROSI screenshot is acceptable)
Please note: All applications will be considered on a rolling basis but only the successful candidates will
be contacted. Our internship positions are volunteer positions but there will be full training provided for
selected candidates. A certificate of recognition will be issued upon successful completion, with special
consideration for board positions in the 2016-2017 school year. For any questions, please email