September 26, 2018
RECRUITMENT CALL FROM THE CCR2P
The Canadian Centre for the Responsibility to Protect is currently recruiting for the following positions and welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Based at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto, the CCR2P is Canada’s leading research and advocacy organization on the Responsibility to Protect principle. (www.ccr2p.org)
- Any undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at the University of Toronto with a minimum 3.5 CGPA or recent alumni from any major universities;
- A demonstrated passion and interest for the study and advocacy of R2P principle;
- Able to commit to June 2018-April 2019 (inclusive)
- Previous involvement in the CCR2P’s research or advocacy divisions will be an asset. We welcome applications from candidates with language skills and background in IR/Peace & Conflict/political science/history/public policy/law.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit all of the following files by midnight, October 26th, 2018 to email@example.com with [Position- Your name] in the subject line. Please save your files with your full name included in the title and combine all files into one PDF if possible.
- CCR2P Application form (available below)
- statement of interest which clearly identifies your interest in R2P, the CCR2P and the position you are applying for. Please be specific in your skill sets, past extra-curricular experiences, as well as your ideas and visions for CCR2P in the upcoming year as well.
- a full C.V.
- a copy of full university transcript (ACORN screenshot is fine)
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates may be interviewed in early June. All applications will be considered on a rolling basis but only the successful candidates will be contacted.
1. R2P Live Analysts
- R2P Live (www.r2plive.org) is a database of all articles relating to R2P from across the world and in all 6 UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish, and Russian). Reporting to the Managing Director of R2P Live and their given Associate Director, selected R2P Live research analysts are charged with collecting and analyzing articles on R2P in their given language, with an option to complete more in-depth research. While prior research experience will be valued, no such experience is required. However, fluency in the 6 official UN languages will be highly valued. Weekly time commitments range from 2 to 3 hours.
2. Research Analysts
- Reporting to the Associate Directors of research and closely coordinating with the Co-Directors of Research, selected research analysts will be undertaking research on one of the following topics: R2P and North Korea; R2P and Business Relations; R2P and Women’s Rights; Indigenous Rights and R2P. Language skills are valued, as well as previous involvement in the G8/G20 Research Group, the Attaché Journal of International Relations, and any other IR-related research centres.
3. Outreach Officers
- Reporting to the directors of outreach, selected Outreach Officers will be undertaking any one of the following portfolios, depending on their interests: (1) Expanding our Youth and Education Network; (2) Developing our connections with campus-based organizations; (3) Bolstering our advocacy projects; or (4) Supporting future recruitment initiatives. As the specific project in which officers are involved may change depending on need, excellent organization skills and a strong degree of self-motivation and diligence will be highly valued.